(Updated: 12 January 2018)
This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) describes how PropRebate.com, and its parent company (Pepite Technology Sdn Bhd), associate companies and jointly controlled entities (PropRebate Group) use your Personal Data.
Collection of Personal Data
“Personal Data” consists of information about you, from which you are identifiable, including but not limited to your name, nationality, address, telephone number, fax number, bank details, credit card details, gender, resident status, financial background, personal interests, email address, your occupation, your photo, any information about you which you have provided to PropRebate Group in registration forms, questionnaires, request forms, application forms or any other similar forms and/or any information about you that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by PropRebate Group by online, in-person, internet/mobile messaging, and/or telephone contact, which may include sensitive personal data such as your identification card number, driving license number, birth certificate number, passport number, race, ethnic origin, date of birth, marital status, educational background, data relating to health, and data related to religious or other similar beliefs.
The provision of your Personal Data is voluntary. However, if you do not provide PropRebate Group your Personal Data, PropRebate Group will not be able to process your Personal Data for the Purposes and Additional Purposes outlined below and may cause PropRebate Group to be unable to provide services or products, or to make payments, to you.
If you are an agent, agency representative, negotiator, contractor, or other intermediary service provider, provision of your Personal Data is mandatory and failure to provide your Personal Data, may be a breach of laws or regulatory requirements, and may cause PropRebate Group to be unable to engage you to provide services or products.
In addition to the Personal Data you provide to PropRebate Group directly, PropRebate Group may collect your Personal Data from a variety of sources such as:
- from filled up application or registration forms or other similar forms;
- from publicly available sources such as directories;
- from PropRebate Group’s official social media pages, if you follow, like or are a fan of such pages, or comment on or reply to postings by PropRebate;
- from credit reporting agencies, insurance providers, or financial services providers;
- when you interact and communicate with PropRebate Group at any events or activities;
- from various entities or divisions within PropRebate Group; or
- by using PropRebate Group apps and websites, which includes all apps and websites operated by PropRebate Group and under the names of its respective brands (respectively “Apps” and “Websites”).
Your personal data may also be collected from cookies used on the Websites.
Further, certain service providers of PropRebate Group may record your interactions and/or Personal Data, intentionally or incidentally, whether notified or not, (for example: home security system during a viewing or agent office visit for negotiation purposes). Whilst such Personal Data collection activities are neither endorsed nor prohibited by PropRebate Group, PropRebate Group does not collect, use or disclose any of your Personal Data from such activities, and the collection, use and disclosure of any such Personal Data is not conducted on behalf of PropRebate Group. The collection of Personal Data described in this paragraph, and related use and disclosure, is solely the responsibility of the service provider and you should inform the service provider if you have any objections to this collection / usage / disclosure directly to the service provider or avoid participation completely.
Purposes of Processing
PropRebate Group may use and process your Personal Data to provide property matching services, including filtering of listings, scheduling of viewings, and other incidental services that PropRebate Group may choose to render and rebate and financial services activities of PropRebate Group which shall include, without limitation the following (“Purposes”):
Where you are a customer of the services provided by PropRebate Group:
- to perform the PropRebate Group’s obligations in respect of any contract entered into with you;
- to provide you with any service you have requested, and mutually agreed upon;
- to process your subscriptions (free or paid) and to deliver the services to you;
- where you have requested to download and use Apps owned or managed by PropRebate Group, to process your request, to deliver the App to you and to provide you a license for the use of the App;
- to process your participation in any events, activities, focus groups, research studies, contests, promotions, polls, surveys or any productions;
- to process, manage or verify your application for subscription with the PropRebate Group and to provide you the benefits offered to subscribers;
- to validate your requests and process payments and/or rebates relating to any products or services you have requested;
- to understand and analyze our sales as well as your needs and preferences;
- to develop, enhance and provide products and services to meet your needs;
- to process exchanges or product returns;
Where you are an agent, agency representative, negotiator, contractor, or other intermediary service provider:
- for the purposes of engaging you to provide services or products;
- to facilitate or enable any checks as may be required by PropRebate Group in order to engage you;
- to process payments and/or collections relating to any products or services that have been provided;
- to provide personalized feedback to you, so that you are able to identify specific areas for improvement;
- to assess safety and quality;
- to contact you in relation to the provision of your services.
- to respond to questions, comments and feedback from you;
- to communicate with you for any of the purposes listed in this Notice;
- for internal administrative purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, database records;
- for purposes of detection, prevention and prosecution of crime;
- for PropRebate Group to comply with its obligations under law;
- and you agree and consent to PropRebate Group using and processing your Personal Data for the Purposes and in the manner as identified in this Notice.
Marketing and promotional purposes
PropRebate Group may also use and process your data for other purposes such as (“Additional Purposes”):
- to send you alerts, newsletters, updates, mailers, promotional materials, special privileges, festive greetings from PropRebate Group , its partners, sponsors or advertisers;
- to notify and invite you to events or activities organized by PropRebate Group , its partners, sponsors or advertisers;
- to process your registration to participate in or attend an event or activity and to communicate with you regarding your attendance at the event or activity;
- to share your Personal Data amongst its subsidiaries, associate companies and jointly controlled entities as well as with its agent, agency representative, negotiator, contractor, or other intermediary service provider who may communicate with you to market their products, services, events or promotions;
- by way of post, telephone call, short message service (SMS), online messaging service, by hand and/or by email.
Unsubscribe and Revocation of Consent
If you wish to unsubscribe to the processing of your Personal Data for Additional Purposes by PropRebate Group, please click on the link “Unsubscribe” which is embedded in the relevant email or message in order not to receive any such messages in the future. Please note that if you unsubscribe, we may still send you service-related messages, as required when we render services and process rebates.
If you wish to revoke the consent that PropRebate Group has obtained from you for the Purposes stipulated herein, please notify PropRebate Group using the contact details stated below.
Transfer of Personal Data
Your Personal Data may be transferred to, stored, used and processed in a jurisdiction other than your home nation or otherwise in the country, state and city in which you are present while using any services provided by PropRebate Group (“Alternate Country”), to companies under PropRebate Group which are located outside of your home nation or Alternate Country and/or where PropRebate Group’s servers and/or service providers and partners are located outside of your home nation or Alternate Country. You understand and consent to the transfer of your Personal Data out of your home nation or Alternate Country as described herein.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Your personal data may be transferred, accessed or disclosed to third parties for the Purposes and Additional Purposes. Further, PropRebate Group may engage other companies, service providers or individuals to perform functions on its behalf, and consequently may provide access to or disclose your Personal Data to such service providers or third parties. The third parties include, without limitation:
- PropRebate Group partners, which include parties with whom PropRebate Group collaborates with for certain events, products, programs and activities;
- event management companies and event sponsors;
- marketing research companies;
- service providers, including, information technology (IT) service providers for infrastructure, software and development work;
- professional advisors and external auditors, including legal advisors, financial advisors and consultants;
- other entities within PropRebate Group; and
- governmental authorities to comply with statutory, regulatory and governmental requirements.
Your Personal Data may also be shared in connection with a corporate transaction, such as the formation of a joint venture, a sale of a subsidiary or a division, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the event of winding-up.
Access & Correction Requests and Inquiries, Limiting the Processing of Personal Data
Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws of your home nation or Alternate Country, you may request for access to and/or request correction of your Personal Data, request to limit the processing of your Personal Data for the Additional Purposes and/or make any inquiries regarding your Personal Data by contacting:
c/o Pepite Technology Sdn Bhd (1142810-D)
31-2 Jalan PJS 1/50
Petaling Utama Avenue
46150 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Subject to any laws of your home nation or Alternate Country, PropRebate Group reserves the right to impose a fee for access of your Personal Data in the amounts as permitted therein.
In respect of your right to access and/or correct your Personal Data, PropRebate Group has the right to refuse your requests to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data for the reasons permitted under law, such as where the expense of providing access to you is disproportionate to the risks to your or another person’s privacy.
Additionally, we may share non-personally identifiable information from or about you with third parties, such as location data, advertising identifiers, or a cryptographic hash of a common account identifier (such as an email address), to facilitate the display of targeted advertising.
If you do not wish for your Personal Data to be collected via Cookies on the Websites, you may deactivate cookies by adjusting your internet browser settings to disable, block or deactivate cookies, by deleting your browsing history and clearing the cache from your internet browser. You may also be able to limit our sharing of some of this information through your mobile device settings. PropRebate Group does not guarantee our services will function, completely or partially, in the event you choose to disable, block, and/or clear Cookies.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Personal Information from Minors and Other Individuals
As a parent or legal guardian, please do not allow the minor (individuals under 18 (eighteen) years of age) under your care to submit Personal Data to PropRebate Group. In the event that such Personal Data is provided to PropRebate Group, you hereby consent to the processing of the minor’s Personal Data and personally accept and agree to be bound by this Notice and take responsibility for his or her actions.
In some circumstances you may have provided Personal Data relating to other individuals (such as your spouse, family members or friends) and in such circumstances you represent and warrant that you are authorized to provide their Personal Data to PropRebate Group and you have obtained their consent for their personal data be processed and used in the manner as set forth in this Notice.
Acknowledgment, Consent, and Data Retention
By communicating with PropRebate Group, using PropRebate Group’s services, purchasing products from PropRebate Group or by virtue of your engagement with PropRebate Group, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Notice and agree and consent to the use, processing and transfer of your Personal Data by PropRebate Group as described in this Notice.
PropRebate Group shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Notice at any time by placing the updated Notice on the Websites. By continuing to communicate with PropRebate Group, by continuing to use PropRebate Group’s services, purchasing products from PropRebate Group or by your continued engagement with PropRebate Group following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Notice, such actions shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.
In the event of any conflict between the English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail.